Mid- to Senior-Level Civil Engineer
Pryzm Consulting is a native Hawaiian-owned small business located in Honolulu, Hawaii. We provide engineering design, planning and program management services to public and private clients in Hawaii and the Pacific. Please visit our website for more information: www.pryzmhi.com
About the Position:
Pryzm is searching for a Mid- to Senior-level Civil Engineer. Current P.E. License in the State of Hawaii or ability to obtain a Hawaii P.E. within six months of employment is required. Our ideal candidate will be a professional who possesses a knowledge and understanding of both civil engineering design and project management. Previous experience working with State of Hawaii and County agencies and/or work in other Pacific islands is required.
In the role of Civil Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Manage civil engineering projects in Hawaii and the Pacific.
• Perform pre-design, programming, and feasibility studies.
• Review and extract relevant information from topographic surveys and maps, as-built drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
• Prepare engineering basis-of-design and detailed design documents.
• Prepare engineering documents by developing plans, specifications, special provisions and project and construction schedule.
• Prepare quantity take-off and cost estimates.
• Comply with relevant federal, state, and local codes and standards.
• Assist the Marketing Coordinator with business development efforts related to your expertise.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties, as needed.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Professional Engineer Registration for Hawaii required or Professional Engineer Registration in another State with ability to obtain reciprocity.
• A minimum of 10 years civil engineering design experience.
• A minimum of 5 years project management experience.
• Previous work experience in Hawaii or the Pacific islands.
• Previous experience with State of Hawaii and County agencies.
• Valid US passport.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products.
• Team-oriented and able to work with different personalities and professional styles.
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications:
• Understanding of land surveying; good knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering; good knowledge of the methods and equipment used in construction; ability to design and draft assignments using manual drawing and AutoCAD; ability to interpret specification and contract essentials; ability to do mathematical computations as applied to engineering problems; ability to effectively use computer applications such as CAD programs, spreadsheets, word processing, email and database software.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
• Ability to complete simple to moderately complex design work; interpret plans, specifications and land descriptions; prepare maps, plans, profiles and cross-sections.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to interface well and work effectively in a team environment; willingness to learn and support project management activities.
• Ability to work in a team setting and get along well with others; work with accuracy; reliability; resourcefulness; good judgment.
• Ability to understand construction plans.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroStation, and ArcGIS.
• Previous experience with State of Hawaii Department of Transportation or State of Hawaii Department of Education.
• Previous experience in highway/roadway/stormwater design.
• Knowledge of SpecsInTact and MS Projects.
Work Conditions and Benefits:
• Salary competitive and negotiable. Range of $80k to $110k, depending on experience.
• Full-time, flexible hours.
• Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends as needed.
• Willing to travel out of country for up to two weeks’ time.
• Occasionally requires field work that would require bending and lifting/transporting of moderately heavy objects; up to 30lbs.
• Benefits included: medical, vision, dental, and 401K.
How to Apply:
• Email the following materials to
• Cover letter that summarizes your qualifications for this position
• Resumes / CV